Monday 13 June 2011

Way of the Wickeys made it to the World Youth Day website

Our camino story has made it to the World Youth Day website!  Click here to read what they wrote.

We are getting close to Santiago now.  I think we have about 5 or 6 more days, so that means we will be there this weekend!!!!  It´s hard to believe how many kilometres we have walked so far.  I think it is somewhere close to 700km.  The body is sore, but we are all still in good spirits and looking forward to our arrival in Santiago. 

Leighton is currently on his way from Porto, Portugal. We can´t wait to see him and find out about how the Portuguese route is. 

On a side note, I´m hearing all sorts of exciting news about the Canucks.  We watched some highlights online, but I know it´s not the same as being in Vancouver right now.  I guess Game 5 is tonight...we´ll have to wait until the next town to google the final score. 


1 comment:

  1. From the writer of that article:

    Congratulations to all of you on reaching Santiago de Compostela! I hope, despite the physical toll it must have taken, that it was a spiritually uplifting experience right to the end (as I suspect it was from reading your blogs and otherwise being in contact with you over the last few weeks). We also hope to see you here at World Youth Day in August.

    Blessings from Madrid,
    Warren Schmidt, CSB

    ReplyDelete